Sunday, January 24, 2016

Anthropologie Windowpane Car Coat + Gap Flare Jeans

To think about it, I haven't bought a coat in so long. I do own a number of coats in classic silhouettes and neutral colors and just haven't felt the need to add more to what I currently have until I tried on this one. With investment items that I tend to wear over and over again like shoes, handbags and coats, I just don't buy too often because I'm really picky about fit and the if the style will remain relevant for years to come. What I love about this coat is the oversized fit, which is different than the few fitted coats that I have. The proportions are right for a petite with narrower shoulders, shorter sleeves and overall length even though it's oversized everywhere else. The fabrication of the coat consists of mohair, polyester, wool and acrylic which gives it a really soft and smooth texture plus it's  fully lined. The coat is also pretty light weight, but still keeps me cozy and warm in mild 50ish degree weather. It actually took me awhile to get my hands on this coat since the 00P was sold out for quite some time. I was constantly checking the site to see if they'd restocked my size and lo and behold, the 00P popped back up and I snatched it up so quickly!! My stalking paid off (LOL!) and I'm so excited to wear this with everything. This coat is currently 40% off and today is the last day to take advantage of Anthropologie's winter tag sale (with code XTRA40). Measurements for a size 00P: shoulders 14.5", length 33" (taken from center back) and sleeves 21.5".
I'm so glad non-skinny type jeans are coming back in style! I wear really high heels all the time and what I love about bootcut jeans, flares or wide legged jeans are that they hide my heels and give the illusion that my legs are longer than they actually are! I bought these Gap long & lean flare jeans a while ago on deep discount at the store and was willing to pay alteration cost since it was so cheap. The waist was a tad big for a 00, but the legs are fitted through out and of course the inseam was a few inches too long for me (which I had taken up and with the original hem still attached). There are petites sizes available and I think a 00P would have been a perfect fit! I'll probably invest in a different wash when these go on sale again.
Anthropologie Coat. 00P. Similar | Baublebar Necklace | Gap Long & Lean Jeans. 00 | H&M Chambray Shirt. Similar Here & Here | Botkier Bag. Similar 

Shop This Outfit

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous coat! Love that the pattern is a little 'out there' but still classic. The long lapels really kick it up a notch!

    www.xjole.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coat! I have been looking for the petite EVERYWHERE! I sent you an email—thought it might be a bit far fetched but thought it was a worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your style! Especially, your blazer that you are wearing in these pics
    blazer nữ
    áo khoác blazer nữ

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!