Monday, January 18, 2016

A Lemon Zesty Turtleneck Sweater

It's funny how your taste changes as you get older. I used to hate duck, bacon, dark meat, corn, turtlenecks and floral prints. The list of things I used to hate, has now turned into things I enjoy, with the exception of corn. I'm actually really open-minded when it comes to food and will eat weird stuff like gizzards and Asian delicacies, but corn is unpalatable to me. I used to not like wearing turtle necks either and felt like they were so suffocating. I bought a cowl neck sweater a couple of years ago and it was so warm and cozy that the idea of a turtle neck has really begun to grow on me.
This yellow merino turtleneck sweater is currently on final sale from J. Crew and it comes in lots of fun colors. I was initially worried that it would be itchy, but the fabric is actually really soft and comfortable. I'm wearing a size XXXS and it's feels very comparable to other J. Crew items I have in size XXSP with the exception of the sleeves and over length being longer. I prefer the longer lengths since most petite tops are too short for my longer torso and arms. I also have the Tippi sweater (pink wash) in size XXSP and the fabric is rather thin, but a great piece for layering. The pink is a soft blush color which I love and it's fitted throughout the arms and bust and a tiny bit loose in the waist. I think a size XXXS regular would have been a better fit for me. I also love their painter tees (I wear a size XXS since it shrinks in the dryer) and would have taken advantage of the extra discount, but I just purchased one recently during the X-mas sale. I also tried the No. 2 pencil skirt and the 000P fits perfect in the waist which is very rare (my waist size is 24"). I'm always worried about buying things on final sale, so readers please feel free to share with me with what items work for you and are worth getting!!
J. Crew Sweater.  Currently on sale! XXXS | Baublebar Necklace | H&M Jacket. Similar in petites | Vince Camuto Booties. Similar | F21 Skirt. Similar here, here + here | Kate Spade Mini Brantley (new version)

Shop This Outfit:

4 comments:

  1. Love the yellow! Can I ask what brand your tights are and size?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! They are old, but from Ann Taylor and I'm wearing a size S.

      Delete
  2. I never used to wear turtlenecks for the same reason! I've added a few tighter cowl necks to my sweater collection this season.. They're still a bit suffocating, but man are they ever so cozy! I also love the layering options with necklaces.

    xjole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark or medium wash jeans with black sweater?
    sweater cardigan

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!