Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nude Strappy Heels

I originally wasn't going to alter this skirt thinking it would be okay sitting on low on my waist. When I did wear this skirt, I felt like a boy who was sagging and was constantly pulling up his pants. So I got fed up and decided to take the skirt apart and do my own alterations. Although, I can make my own skirt from scratch, I really hate doing my own alterations because you have to be careful about undoing the stitches and not ripping the fabric. You have to study what someone else did and pay attention to what order they did it in. If you do mess up, you're pretty much SOL because you have no extra fabric to compensate for your mistake and therefore that is why I hate doing alterations. Now that I think about it, I feel bad for bargaining with the seamstress because alterations are hard work and so time consuming. I spent a good 2-3 hours undoing the skirt, trimming off the excess, redoing the invisible zipper and sewing back the waistband, but it was time well spent because I love my skirt so much more now and it's more comfortable to wear. For reference the XS has a waist that is approx 26.5" wide (the website's measurement are wrong). 
So let's talk about these amazing nude strappy heels! I normally try to stay away from anything that ties at the ankles because they tend to make my legs look shorter; but since they're a nude color, they have quite the opposite effect of truncating the legs and actually make them appear longer. I had high hopes for these because of all the positive reviews, but I also had my reservations because they're from Forever21. I have bought shoes from them in the past and have had really good and bad experiences. When I received them, I was pleasantly surprised and thought the quality was pretty decent for the price. They also look exactly like they do on the website which is awesome. They run true to size and are comfortable for heels that are 4 inches high. I also love that the straps are adjustable so you can truly have them fit to your foot's width. The annoying part is that you have to lace and unlace them every time you put them on and take them off. It's not like slipping your feet into a pair of pumps and you're ready to go. Despite the small hassle, I really love them and my only regret is not getting them in black as well when I had the 30% discount code.
F21 Pleated Skirt. XS (waist taken in) | H&M Blouse. Similar | Aldo Earrings. Similar| MAC Girl About Town Lipstick | F21 Nude Strappy Heels. 5.5 RTTS

Shop this Look

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! Although sometimes I don't reply, I do read all your comments! If you have a question that you'd like answered, please email me instead. Thanks!